I don’t know about you, but I just loathe when people say, “new year, new me.” That phrase is as fake as that Chanel handbag in China Town, and if that is your new years resolution you ARE that fake Chanel handbag in China Town.
However, it is with good spirit to want to bring in the new year with high hopes for the future. So, this is why during this week of celebration (January 2nd was a national holiday for me: My Birthday) I have decided to stop being a grouch and have that little voice in the back of my head make a list. A new years resolution list to be exact.
10 Resolutions for 2013!
- Stop pretending you want to go on a diet. Shawanda, you will only fail by week 2 and then eat yourself into a comfy position while watching Sex And The City.
- Help someone in need.
- After the 3rd outfit just walk away. You will not find the perfect outfit for that party if most of your wardrobe is on the floor.
- Don’t settle. If you settle you miss out on the option that was just around the corner.
Stop hating Kim Kardashian so much….SHE HAS DONE NOTHING TO YOU.
- Smile while walking down the street because it’s totally NOT creepy, besides the guy staring you down as you walk on 8th ave is going to tell you to anyway.
- Participate in a run for charity (The Color Run!!!)
- If you are talking to someone give them your full attention. Don’t check your phone hoping someone will give you an excuse to be somewhere else.
- Just give the guy a chance!
- Stay on top of this damn blog.
- Have more fun. Be more wild. Have no regrets 🙂
c/o instagram: ShawandaMD
With that being said this is my list and a pretty damn good one if I say so myself! What is your new years resolution(s). Hope this got the ball rolling for you guys!
Happy wife, Happy life….I’m sorry, I don’t know where I was going with that.